1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

transmission trouble. PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 02:53 AM
scott95neon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission trouble. PLEASE HELP!!

I'm new to neons and this forum and would appriciate any help I can get. I have a '95 dodge neon sport coupe with an automatic transmission nothing special just a plain jane. Here's what it's doing. When it acted up bad the first time it would take forever changing from 2-3 then when I stopped at a stoplight it would pull off in 2, it was making a whinning sound, and it would pull in 3 for a while then seem like it went in neutral so i dropped it down in second-it pulled a while and again went in neutral-I stopped the car started though all gears again with same outcome. I've taken the trasmission completely out and put it back in after changing clutches, seals, gaskets, filter, fluid, etc. Then it still had the same simptoms. Took the valve body off one of them was stuck up- got it lubed up put it back in and still did the same. Changed the valve body with another and still does the same. When i first take off it may shift fine or half the time completely skip second gear. it still makes a whinning noise. And half the time it pulls off in 2. It's about to drive me insane. PLEASE HELP!!! IF SOMEONE KNOWS WHAT TO DO TO IT PLEASE TELL ME. I'M REALLY DESPERATE.

Old 05-03-2006, 07:10 AM
HabitatHxC
Captain
Default RE: transmission trouble. PLEASE HELP!!

well if it was me i would drop a new used one in, or even do a manule tranny swap.

Old 05-03-2006, 12:09 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of fluid did you put in the tranny?

Old 05-03-2006, 03:54 PM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

When was the last time a tranny tune-up was done (bands adjusted, etc.)?

Quick Reply: transmission trouble. PLEASE HELP!!