1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

co2 purge into c.a.i

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 02:17 AM
pimpberetta
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: was woundering

I'm sure some of you have heard of the pogue carb. or a carb which delivered 50 plus mpg on a 5.0 L engine.

How some might ask? It was quite simple. It's much like this "egg element" but the coil sits inside the carb. and the hot exhaust gases from the manifold are blown through this coil. The intense heat from the exhaust vapourized the fuel when going through the intake and carb system then.

We have to realize that fuel is sent into the engine in droplets. Not mists, although it appears to be a mist from injectors or if you stare down a wot carb. If you were to magnifiy it, it would indeed be droplets. Droplets burn very inefficently so we have to keep dumping more fuel to bring those rpms up.

The vapourized fuel however, can do the same job but, as very tiny particles vs. the droplets. The vapourization requires MUCH less fuel, and if you google it, you can find carbs that achieve 100 mpg. But, the man who invented it died from "food poisoning" I believe they said or something to that nature, and his blueprints went down along with him.

Basically this technology can never be used today. Everything has been patented to **** by the government. I'm surprised the company was able to introduce that egg element into the intake system. My guess is that it works for **** and isn't what it would theroretically do.

Just a tab bit of information for the ears.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:22 AM
noen_newbe
Veteran

what up what up
look umm im buzzed right now and it like 3 in the morning so bare wit me ok

i think that if i use a smaller tank and a bigger tank i can achive what im tring to do but any way co2 seem cold but how bout colder air ?
how bout if instead of co2 i filled it up wit freon wouldnt it be colder or em i out the loop yo i cant stay awake so im out tell me what you think btw i think my brakes are lock i hear a squiky noise and it brand new breaks and i need a cheap mufller i want a dual outlet one like from a rt or something i dont know any one got one or should i get something better i just want better gas mpg i dont plan on racing what up what you got yea well peace

Old 07-27-2006, 04:47 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

you know I thought about the a/c thing awhile back and thought of something else too... my a/c blows down to 20 degrees on recirc before it freezes up the coil and then I have to let it flow fresh air past it till it will start to work again... too bad I couldnt route a vent to the intake and pump some of that 20 degree air into the throttle body to help make up for some of the power loss just for using the a/c in the first place.

Awhile back there was some post that went into how some dude used a typical yard blower hooked up to his intake and it gave him upwards of 25+ HP boost much like a supercharger might. In fact it even had a link to a video of him on a dyno, think it was a Honda and it also showed the gains on a S-10 pickup too. If I could rig an electric start to a blower and then hook this up this with my cold *** a/c air I would be in business for a quick boost whenever I needed it. A typical 31cc gas blower has a 200mph blow speed at 405cfm so it would help at low speed but may not do much at the top end. But I found a 2-cycle 3.4Hp unit with 705cfm and 235mph velocity that would work even better. Of course the trick in a neon is trying to find a place to put it! But it would work good on something with plenty of room in the engine compartment like my Ram.

Well OK my rambling is done... got to go back to work.

Quick Reply: co2 purge into c.a.i