1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

new headlight install

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 05:33 AM
greenlantern420
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new headlight install

alright well screw the foggy stock headlights I got some realy nice projectors they look kinda like stock but black and crome inside anyways very nice i'll take pics all i'm wondering is do I gotta remove the fender and move the fenders over to get to the two bolts on the outside anyone know a page with the steps I'm not real worried it looks fairly easy i'm gonna pull the car up and mark the garage door with tape before I remove the stock lights so I can put the new lights in the right aim but any other installation tips would be appreciated. thanks

its a 96 btw

Old 07-27-2006, 06:53 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new headlight install

you've been shopping on ebay haven't you? lol well no you dont have to remove the fender, just use and extension and the bolt that your talking about will come out, when you pop the hood and you squat down you and look straight ahead( kinda where the hood comes down and lock) you will see to bolts in front of you, its easier if you remove the middle piece that's there im pretty sure you have too. and of course the ones on the top the only problem you will have with any of the install will most likely be the bolts that need an extention to be reached and adjusting the projectors. do you have a neon book, and if so which one. good luck and hope some of that was helpfull

Old 07-27-2006, 12:16 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: new headlight install

To reach the one behind the headlight you can use an extension, as mentioned bu fuzzracer, or you can lie down and get to it from underneath the car also. Just an idea.

Quick Reply: new headlight install