1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Pealing Out

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 03:02 PM
theuniquejimmy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pealing Out

ALready hurt my car pretty bad with neutral drops. Had to replace my motor mount. Lesson learned never let a friend try to peel out in your car.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:22 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a motor mount is a small price to pay compared to what coulda went...and what the next thing to go will be

Old 07-31-2006, 09:02 PM
ScrapYurImport
Veteran

not that im encouraging burnig your tires off but,
you could try brake tourqing it!!

Old 07-31-2006, 09:51 PM
spudsterier
Legend

its almost impossible to brake torque an automatic neon too....unless the road conditions are right

Old 07-31-2006, 10:00 PM
Mruf

I saw a guy once that had sprayers that shot fluid on the road right in front of his tires. Granted it was a muscle car, but it might work on a neon too. He used a misture of water and bleach iirc, so that when he pealed out, he made lots of white smoke. I have no idea what it would take to make this work.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:02 PM
ScrapYurImport
Veteran

cool I thought that you could break torque a geo and it would do a burnout.lol

Old 08-01-2006, 12:44 AM
spudsterier
Legend

for the sprayer, hook hoses to the windshield fluid tank....fill it with that mixture....run the hoses right out by the tires

would work for anyone that wants to go that route

Old 08-03-2006, 02:43 AM
honda slayer

I gotta 1995 Neon ATX SOHC. No major aftermarket mods, I've rebuilt the engine when the timing belt broke (loads of fun), rebuilt the drivetran, some high flow filters, less restrictive muffler (no civic kazoo), new Mopar PCM, and a few other little things. I've got her from the stock 132HP up to 173HP, rebuilding the engine was a major difference, she felt like a new car, much faster, more responsive. But I stray from the point, if you floor my Neon her tires chirp, if the conditions are right. But if I brake stand/torque up to about 1800-2100rpms, and let off the brake as I floor the gas, she'll scream through most of first gear. ATX's aren't as bad as alot of people think. They just need some tuning and a driver with a few tricks, of coarse my Pepboy's gumball Civic ricer friends give me constant crap about the "stupid 3 speed auto". Until I raced their sorry 108HP, 1.5 liter Civcs, and won!! I used the brake stand, I think the quick launch caught them off guard, and once we get moving I (and I think any Neon vs stock 1.5/1.6 liter Civic) left them behind. Having 70HP (in my case) extra helped, ATX or not. Once again I sorta strayed from the point, I love talking about stomping ricer hopes and dreams about their "hi-tech" engines. I AM THE HONDA SLAYER!!!!! Be careful though brake stands can damage your Neon, use in moderation.

Old 08-03-2006, 03:12 AM
Chris2121
Rookie

what about holding the e-brake, and flooring the gas. Ive done this in my cousins 99 civic si, it was stock, but did a nice burnout. How bad does this mess up the car tho?

Old 08-03-2006, 04:42 AM
dogdaysunrise
Veteran

the easiest way to do it is to put it in reverse and back it up to a curb and let her go. Thats how we cheated it in my buddies old Corolla. You look like a dumb *** doing it, but you will get a good laugh out of it.

Quick Reply: Pealing Out