1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

UDP Question Again.....I'm Sorry

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 12:08 AM
IGottaFreeNeon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UDP Question Again.....I'm Sorry

What is the easiest way to get the original pulley off? I don't have access to a lift but I do have the jack that came with the car. I looked from the top of the engine and figured that it was pretty much impossible. So I turned the wheels to the right and looked behind the passenger side tire, this looked a little more promissing, however, I have this shield that blocks the belts from road debris. I know that it would be easier if I take the wheel off. Is this shield easy to get off or am I going about it all wrong?

Old 08-05-2006, 12:41 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain
Default RE: UDP Question Again.....I'm Sorry

the shield is not hard to remove at all just a couple of bolts and plastic fasteners and your good to go, no need to remove the wheel, just turn it side ways to give your self some room, if you do need more room then removing the wheel would be a good option but a jack would be really a better idea if you can get your hands on ones, you probably might want to invest in one anyways for future jobs like changing a tire or doing a oil change which you really don't need a jack either but it just makes things more comfortable to do. it's not nessasary to remove the wheel as long as you have the pulley tool, and can remove the cover. your on the right track. if you check out the modern performance website and look for the pulley,they actually show a pic of there pulley installed on a guys car with the guard removed, that wil give you an idea of how much room you will have, better yet here: http://www.modernperformance.com/dcx/mpx9599p.shtml hope some of that was helpfull and good luck !!!

Old 08-05-2006, 12:41 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take off the wheel
if you look at the frame rail there is one bolt towards the rear of the plastic cover just on the other sire of the rail..another at the front of the cover same spot....if you get under the car you cun look straight up and see them..they are 10mm bolts....there is then one more bolt connecting the cover to the underside of the radiator support

Old 08-05-2006, 01:16 AM
IGottaFreeNeon
Professional

Another question, is the PT Cruiser Underdrive pulley the same for the 1st Gen Neon? I see it on ebay and it says that it will fit both but I'm always cautious when it comes to somebody that is selling something on eBay. If anyone knows, could you please let me know, that way I won't have to travel half way across the globe to shove an underdrive pulley up some guys *** for false advertisement.

Old 08-05-2006, 05:56 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't heard that they do fit, but they are different engines.

Quick Reply: UDP Question Again.....I'm Sorry