1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Me back, some problems with my neon :(. Helpy.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 11:04 PM
p3
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Me back, some problems with my neon :(. Helpy.

ORIGINAL: das2123

ORIGINAL: dogdaysunrise
As for oil, just use castrol. distilled water is best.
Castrol is not a TRUE synthetic, but rather a synthetic blend or a Group III oil.

*Jumps on rant box*
True synthetics are classified as Group IV oils. They require the use a better base stock oil. Royal Purple, Castrol, and others are not a true synthetic because it is a Group III oil. Legally, oil manufacturer's can call their oil a synthetic if the they severely hydrocrack the oil breaking it down immensely. The true synthetics that are readily available in the US are: Mobil1, Amsoil, and Redline. I think the Pennzoil Platinum series is a true synthetic, but haven't confirmed this yet.
*Jumps off rant box*
Dude u never jumped off the rant box so decent reply would be great cause i know a moderator who happens to be my freind and can ban u .

Anyways.

There is no big pool, maybe 2 drops overnight, went for 10 mins drive last night parked in other direction where there was no pool, than in morning there was 2 drops only, checked again in evening and no new drop i could see.

So is the only option left on me is to go to some car repair shop ?

And will normal water do with antifreeze or coolant? After all i need 70% antifreeze cause temp. here goes below -45 and sometimes -50 .

So 50/50 mixture wont stand it i guess.

What about the washer fluid(window washer) any specific to get or any will do? Blue colored i think is for winter and pink colored for summer right?

Old 08-21-2006, 11:48 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: p3
Dude u never jumped off the rant box so decent reply would be great cause i know a moderator who happens to be my freind and can ban u .
Doesn't work that way anyway...and dogday pretty much answered it already.

Old 08-22-2006, 12:21 AM
IGottaFreeNeon
Professional

This might sound kinda dumb, but if you have a friend that is a moderator, why don't you just ask him about all your problems. Besides that, Das is the most knowlegeable guy on the forum, banning him would be a huge mistake and probably **** alot of people off. Also, you could just look at the side of your antifreeze bottle, it will tell you what the mixture is for your temperature. As far as your leak goes, you may have to actually look under your vehicle, I know this sounds crazy but you might actually find the leak. Good luck and play nice.

Old 08-26-2006, 06:16 PM
p3
Rookie

Oh well will just head over to goodyear on monday and have a 52 points check (whatever that means) and oil change , talked to few friends all say its most probably oil pan or something under there.

Plus i got a premixed coolant, but on one of the coolant bottle (which was darn cheap and i avoided to buy it) said that you need to flush your old coolant, as mixing of one coolant with other can cause problems, so can someone tell me how to go about flushing a coolant?

Plus when making turns the cars steering wheel makes weird noise (something like a creaking noise). What could be behind it, and how much would that switch cost ?

Plus anyone got a spare neon rear spolier on them that i could use ?

@ IGottaFreeNeon das knows who i am talking about , and what good would it get if i pm a moderator all the time for replies .

Old 08-26-2006, 08:16 PM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: p3
so can someone tell me how to go about flushing a coolant?
Drain the coolant and then run water through the system to flush it out real well.

Old 08-27-2006, 05:56 AM
p3
Rookie

Hehe das sorry but thats what the label said, and i dont know how the hell to drain it. Is there a cap or something under that bottle that i can remove and it drains out ?

Old 08-27-2006, 12:22 PM
das2123
Legend

There is a drain plug on the bottom of the radiator.

[IMG]local://upfiles/33897/D21816FED09F4BF2B76A94908ABBA6EB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-28-2006, 02:58 AM
p3
Rookie

ORIGINAL: das2123

There is a drain plug on the bottom of the radiator.

[IMG]local://upfiles/33897/D21816FED09F4BF2B76A94908ABBA6EB.jpg[/IMG]
Yuppie it all makes sense once again, lol j/k it doesnt .

Anyways heading tomorrow to get some point check (whatever that stands for) and oil change, might ask them for coolant change also i wonder how long that takes as they gonaa charge per hour rate .

Quick Reply: Me back, some problems with my neon :(. Helpy.