1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

had some fun this morning

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 09:59 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default had some fun this morning

i know this doesnt really belong here and i know there is atleast a few people that probally wont believe this....but i really just dont care.......and i know sumone is gonna mention sumthing about the weight difference, so go ahead....

i was on my way home from work this morning and i got behind a red 3000gt that was doing 55mph exactly....the first thing i noticed was the yellow striped scorcher t/a tires.....there was a big clearing so he stuck his hand out the window and waved me by.....so i got infront of him a ways and then noticed him comming up behind me pretty quick....he then pulled up next to me and we were nose to nose...he hit the gas real quick..just enough to make it move a little....by this time we were doin 70...so i dropped it into 3rd....and as soon as i did he hit it and took off.....i had no problem pulling ahead of him...i could tell it was an auto when it shifted....i got about 2 lengths ahead until i hit the rev limiter in 4th....then he started pulling up next to me and i could hear a turbo spoolin.....he got about a length ahead of me, then i started pullin on him again....it didnt take too long to get just ahead of him....then he hit the brakes and turned off real quick.....which sucked because i was hoping to get him on the interstate since its real dead at 5:00 in the mornin.....
just thought i would share this with ya guys....i was real excited....cant wait until i get the turbo

Old 08-26-2006, 10:10 AM
casper
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: had some fun this morning

If your motor is in good condition and his car was an ATX and beat on I could see it. Stock 3000's are not all that fast, it is pretty possible, rare, but possible.

Old 08-26-2006, 02:42 PM
ScrapYurImport
Veteran

cool I like the 3000gt Its a very cool designed car.

Old 08-26-2006, 04:47 PM
tomthedog
Captain

if i rem right the 3000 weighed 36-3800lbs. although it was great tech, 4-wheel drive/steering+turbo on the high end mod and had awesome looks, it couldn't hold it's own in it's price range. still looks good to me.

i want to say they ran about 310hp with the turbo. but what knid of driver picks on a neon? just the dumb ones...lol. happy motoring.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:15 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its not 310hp...its just 300hp and the all-wheel steering is on the vr4's with the twin turbo...im not sure how much hp a regular 300gt has...let alone one with a single turbo...im assuming was aftermarket.....and i know it wasnt a vr4 if i had him like that

but either way it was still fun and i do like how they look too....especially how wide they are

Quick Reply: had some fun this morning