1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

2.4 turbo swap parts list???

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 05:29 AM
neon_racerxx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 turbo swap parts list???

Hi, I know there is a lot of posts already addressing this same subject. I am new to the whole forum thing. I will get right to it. I have a 98 dodge neon DOHC, The exterior is show winning,serious. What I want now is the powertrain, I'm sick of my buddies swapping k series and h22's in there honda's and acura'a. Honestly mine is stupidly slow in comparison, I know and they know mine looks better,but that doesn't help me at the lights. I recently purchased a srt-4 motor assembly from wrecker(5000kms on it), the whole assembly less starter altenator. I mean complete, intercooler, piping, intake,turbo and manifold. What I want to know is what I need to put this into a 98 DOHC 2 door? I mean everything. Do I need a better driveshaft, trans.,any front steering components, different flywheel/clutch, ecu and any other wiring?? Please give me a detailed list of what I will need. I always see them in the pictures on the net, none show the power steering side, will I be able to keep my AC and or power steering??. Please tell me where I can get these parts if I do infact need them. PLease email directly also, neon_racerxx@hotmail.com Thank you everyone. Great site for help.

Old 09-15-2006, 12:52 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2.4 turbo swap parts list???

You will need:
*NEW SRT-4 PCM that has not seen sentry (might as well upgrade to a Stage 1 PCM)
*2.4 motor mount adapter
*Stonger axles
*SRT wiring harness or run the engine using Megasquirt
*SRT chassis harness
*SRT gauge cluster (or do some hardwiring)
*You will have to do some cutting and splicing of wires

You can use a 1st gen tranny but you will need a better clutch.

I am not a complete how-to on the SRT-4 engine swap, but do have some knowledge on the subject.

Old 09-16-2006, 09:44 PM
neon_racerxx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what do you mean by has not seen sentry??, where is the best place to get clutch and drive shaft. Are the gauge clusters interchangable??

Old 09-17-2006, 12:20 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: neon_racerxx

what do you mean by has not seen sentry??
Sentry is the KEY system.

Shop around the net for prices on the other stuff and maybe eBay.

No the gauges are not interchangable. Either get the SRT cluster and fab it to fit or you will have to rewire the original one.

Quick Reply: 2.4 turbo swap parts list???