1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

How much room do I have to mount 6.5's in door? Mounting depth 2.75"

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 09:35 PM
FyreDaug
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much room do I have to mount 6.5's in door? Mounting depth 2.75"

From "bolt holes" on the speaker to the bottom of the magnet is roughly 2.75". Will that fit in the door without any modifications besides making a plate for 6.5's to fit in 6.75 spots? How much space is available until you hit the window?

And also, how close is the stock cone to the "grill" on the door panel? Is there room for a 1" spacer if needed? (already have it)

EDIT: They are mbquart pce216's. I want to keep the doors looking stock if can be. Im mounting tweets up in the corner by the pillar and windshield. Another tweet in the dash and a 5.25" in kickpods in front. Then 6x9's for fill in the rear

Old 10-09-2006, 11:18 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How much room do I have to mount 6.5's in door? Mounting depth 2.75"

you wont need a plate to mount 6.5's in the door, just need to drill new holes....

there is plenty of room between the cone and grill....atleast an inch or so.....

2.75 inches deep should fit just fine

Old 10-10-2006, 01:22 AM
lateralus823
Veteran
Default RE: How much room do I have to mount 6.5's in door? Mounting depth 2.75"

You need to first go to radio shack and get some spacers or whatever to lit the speaker out of the door more because the 6.5s will rub against the window arm or whatever and you need to drill new wholes. My brother did it for me and it didnt take to long at all and theres PLENTY of room between the speaker and the door coveron the inside.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:06 AM
FyreDaug
Veteran

Plenty of room between cone and door panel is a good thing to hear. Ive got to do some work in the door panels (handle on outside sticks a little, window seems to get caught about 65% down sometimes, and something rattles) so im slowly putting the carputer stuff in, mounting the tweet on the pillar pod and putting the 6.5" in next. Screen + dc-dc psu is on the way too.

Ive got a 1" plastic spacer already, and the quarts came with a mounting plate which actually sticks it out about 3/8", so its more like 2.25" deep anyways. I figure itll sound a little better the closer it is to the door panel.

Im gonna dynamat up the front doors where it counts too. Right behind the cone and part of the inside door (about 9" diameter for a 6.5" speaker) and putting little pieces where things tend to rattle. I did the trunk today. Only got about 5sqft left though from my 50ft roll (2 cars with 50ft)

Quick Reply: How much room do I have to mount 6.5's in door? Mounting depth 2.75"