speeding ticket today

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 02:06 AM
Megalomaniacal
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speeding ticket today

i got my first ticket today.

the cop clocked me at 104 on the exp. way as i was heading home. good thing he didnt clock me a few minutes earlier when i was going like 115. luckily he only wrote the ticket for 85 on 70.

but i talked to one of the security guys at the supermarket i work at today and he said he'll talk to the guy if he knows him. he used to be a cop and knows most of the cops in the area. hopefully ill get saved.

no more speeding for me. at least not until i get a radar detector.

on that note, are radar detectors pretty efficient at what theyre supposed to do?

Old 11-10-2006, 03:08 AM
winsettz
Veteran
Default RE: speeding ticket today

Was under the impression by the time the detector detected a radar signal a reading would be on the cop's radar gun.

If you're desperate enough to get rid of that ticket, you could challenge it in court and hope the guy don't appear...

Old 11-10-2006, 10:47 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most GOOD radar detectors can pick up the signal from about a little more then a mile away if it has a straight shot at the cop....however the gun usually cant get a clear signal for about 3/4 of a mile.....

but if a cop is hiding, your detector might not get the signal until its too late....

radar detectors are just as much of a gamble as speeding...

Old 11-10-2006, 11:48 AM
FastNeon84
Record Breaker

i have a cobra radar detector, had it for almost year and havent got a speeding ticket since...i have a heavy foot too...so mine is pretty good

Old 11-10-2006, 03:30 PM
99 Neon
Veteran

Ive gotten 3 speeding tickets and 1 was dropped 1 was lowered to a seatbelt and the other 1 was given to me by a statey and where i live statey's cant lower tickets anymore so i got charged witha speeding ticket there. i use to speed all the time now IMO i just do smart speeding.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:41 PM
pimpberetta
Veteran

Your best bet would be to fight it, or pay up.

It was your choice to speed, we all do it, some get caught, others don't.

I was doing 134 in a 90 and the cop *** raped me. Couldn't have been a bigger ***** about it. Of course I only step it up to that speed around 2 in the morning on the highway home witch has no traffic after 12 lol

Anyways, I took it to a company called traffic ticket expert. Its an ex cop who has it in good with the magistrates(basically a judge) at the court offices and he deals with it for the price of the ticket. No speeding fine, no demerits, simply a remand.

Try looking for one of those in your area.

Quick Reply: speeding ticket today