1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Back up lights, wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 12:29 AM
Sacha
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back up lights, wiring?

Hi,

Just recently i've noticed my back up lights don't work on my '97 Dodge Neon. I have had wiring issues for a long time (dome light only comes on for driver side doors and makes a wierd "scrachy" sound) I checked all the fuses. Any idea what might be causing the back up lights to malfunction?

Thanks to all,
Dan

Old 11-20-2006, 12:35 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Back up lights, wiring?

have u checked the light bulbs? it could just be the bulbs went out

Old 12-01-2006, 11:01 AM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

Yeah i have had this in my 97 plymouth its a switch in the shifter area i had the dealership replace it and it just went bad again so i dont even worry about it anymore otherwise the dome lights are caused buy the damn black switches in the door i have replaced them too and they just go bad again i just get them fron the junkyard though and everytime o go i pick up new ones

Old 12-01-2006, 03:26 PM
ZiggyNeon
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Sacha

I have had wiring issues for a long time (dome light only comes on for driver side doors and makes a wierd "scrachy" sound) I checked all the fuses
one thing you should check about your dome light is the push pins that make it come on, there held in with a philips head screw and there is two on the driverside, the one on top controls the dome light and the one underneath it controls the annoying " you left your keys in the ignition" buzzer
but...back to my point
i had the same problem at one point with the dome light where it wasnt coming on for the driverside door
basically that philips head screw is what "grounds" the dome push pin so my suggestion is unscrew each one (one at a time) and screw it back in and that should fix the dome light issue
not nessecarily a wiring prob

Edit: didnt even read the post above mine

Quick Reply: Back up lights, wiring?