1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Need Fast Answer :D

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 03:51 AM
ZiggyNeon
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Fast Answer :D

ok quick question, i'm tinting my back windows (i know i dont have a neon anymore ) but this should apply to all cars, i have a rear defroster, so you know the black lines that run along the back window, well some of the black covering on those lines is gone, like i can see the copper colored strips, my question is...is that a problem, can i just tint over them, its not gonna heat up and burn the tint is it?

Old 12-02-2006, 04:18 PM
IGottaFreeNeon
Professional
Default RE: Need Fast Answer :D

It shouldn't because the lines don't heat up that much. Turn it on and see if it feels hot. If it is hot enough to burn you, then I would say it's to hot for tint. Or you could just put a piece of tint on there temporarily, kind of like a test. That way if it does burn, you didn't put a whole lot of time in it. Hope it helps.

Old 12-02-2006, 05:27 PM
ZiggyNeon
Veteran
Default RE: Need Fast Answer :D

i came to the conclusion that it doesnt make a difference, but what does matter is that where there isnt that conductive coating there could be breaks and i didnt want to tint over it then a few lines not work and have to redo it lol
so i bout an 8 dollar repair kit to put the coating back on thx for the response

Quick Reply: Need Fast Answer :D