1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

No turn signals, no radio.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 01:35 AM
downpourss
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No turn signals, no radio.

In regards to my last post, my car is all fixed now. We got a new steering column in (it was only a little bit more expensive and easier to change [in my opinion] than changing the ignition switch), and it ended up not being the problem. My car had command start, which I never used and was turned off, but I guess it went bad or something. So we took the whole command start thing out and it fixed the problem. As for it not starting later on, the gaslines were just frozen, and we couldn't successfully get any gasline antifreeze in b/c the filler neck was corroded a bit and had little holes in it, and it would just spit out. (Hence, why my gaslines froze. I was driving in the rain, and the tires kept throwing water into my gas tank, then the temps fell below zero, and voila.)

ANYWAY, today I went to leave, and I realized that both my radio, and my turn signals won't work. It's not the fuses, they're all fine. It's not the clockspring in the steering column because everything else works (dimmer switch, wipers, etc). Just the turn signals. So does anyone have any idea what could have caused this? As for the radio, I have NO idea. The fuse is fine.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:52 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: No turn signals, no radio.

i will bet you that your heat doesnt work either when it has this problem.....try starting the car and then turning the key back just a little....not enough to turn it off, but just back a tiny but til it kinda stops

Old 12-09-2006, 02:02 AM
downpourss

Nope, actually my heat works. And thanks for the tip but I heard that from someone else also, and it didn't work for me, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:43 AM
downpourss

Anyone?

This problem hasn't been fixed yet, and I've driven it twice so far without the turn signals or the radio. It really sucks

Old 12-11-2006, 06:13 PM
QuiK615
Veteran

new turn signal bulbs? check wiring? i have a glitch CD player as well. Stopped working, rewired, didn't work, drove around, a few days later started working again... and still does *crosses fingers*

Old 12-11-2006, 08:00 PM
downpourss

The bulbs are fine, but I also noticed that the middle brake light as well as the drivers side tail light are both out, so it's definitely something electrical.. Now I just need to find the source of the problem.. grr.

To anyone who's interested:
All of the above problems were caused by a bad turn signal switch. Once we swapped the turn signal switch from my old steering column, everything works fine. The horn works again, turn signals work, and the radio came back on. Before we swapped switches, we noticed that my drivers side tail light would only go out after I tried to use the turn signal that didn't work. So I guess quite a few things ground off the turn signal circuit then.

Just an FYI. Thanks for all your help!

Quick Reply: No turn signals, no radio.