1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Subwoofers

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 03:45 AM
Only Another
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subwoofers

does anybody have like a sound system in their neon? as in a pair of subs?
I need help deciding which of the 2 audiobahn subs i want to get (i want to spend less than 200 dollars)
AWC12TAWC12T
or
AW1251Thttp://cgi.ebay.com/2-NEW-AUDIOBAHN-...QQcmdZViewItem
One has more rms but the other one has more rubber on the outside allowing it to travel further
or which speakers do you prefer?

Old 12-15-2006, 05:32 AM
HabitatHxC
Captain
Default RE: Subwoofers

From my expireances, go with more foam! My cousin and a guy i used to work with Both had two american bass 12s (with the foam like the ones in the picture) they were 400watts rms, and 800 max, Both my cousin and my friend from work had the same amp, a 2000 watt mono amp by lanzar... The two loudest systems in my area... I was commin close with one american bass 12 and 1920watts get two of those and a 2000 watt amp and you will be fine, Just dont push distortion and you will be grand!

Old 12-15-2006, 10:23 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you want alot of bass, then i wouldnt suggest those subs.....
me and a couple friends used to use nothing but audiobahn.....
in my old neon i used to have 4 audiobahn 1206 flameQ 12's ran by an audiobahn 2400 watt rms amp.......it was insanly loud stereo...but then i sold it and got 2 audiobahn imortals....those were just nuts, but i could only ever use 1 because my trunk wasnt big enough for the box[&:]

if you want some good audiobahn sube for a good price then you should go with these(they are the ones i had) the lows are just amazing and at a good price....i have probally spent about $20,000 on stereo crap from this web site and they never once gave me any problems

flame Q 12's

Old 12-15-2006, 12:14 PM
FastNeon84
Record Breaker

thats a damn good price for that kind of power! good lookin out spud, that might be something i will be looking into later

Old 12-15-2006, 12:20 PM
spudsterier
Legend

i bought my audiobahn imortals from that site too....the subs weighed 49lbs a piece, and were make of a carbon fiber/kevlar mix....4 2 ohm voice coils and handled about 2000 watts rms.....there were just amazing.....paid $199.99 a piece for them

within about 3 days i ended up spending about $8,000 from that site.....after that, everything i ordered from there ended up at my door in only 2 days
i blew all 4 of the flame Q's i got from there within about 2 years......ever time i blew one, i had a new one in less then a week

they have alot of other cheap stuff too if you browse the site...

Old 12-15-2006, 03:16 PM
IGottaFreeNeon
Professional

Any reason you want two subs. You could get close to the same results if you get a 15" sub. It would be a lighter box and sub combination and use less space in the trunk. You have a lot more options of subs if you buy one $200 15", compared to two $100 12" subs. Audiobahn makes great subwoofers, I would probably stick with that brand or go with MTX. I've ran both and have won alot of trophies in the process. Both are great brands at reasonable prices. Good luck with yur rattles

Old 12-17-2006, 08:32 PM
Drunkship
Rookie

If you want good quality subwoofers... stay away from Sony and Audiobahn.

I have a 12" Alpine Type-R and it's louder and more clear than any of my buddies' subwoofers besides my friend's JL. Althought, the Type-R is probably one of the best bang for the buck subwoofers. Also, check out the Image Dynamics IDMAX.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:21 PM
spudsterier
Legend

10's give you harder hits but less rumble
12's give you equal hits and rumble
15's give you more bumber, but poor hits unless you have a good box and a hell of an amp

i like the audiobahns.....as long as you dont get the really cheap ones
i personally never cared for anything alpine....but thats just me

i would get 2-12's before i would get 1-15 any day.....especially for a neon[:'(]
atleast with 2 subs, you can get different bass when you have a laft and a right hooked up....compared to 1 sub that only gets single channel notes

Old 12-18-2006, 12:28 AM
Drunkship
Rookie

Hmm... I don't know **** about cars other than audio wise. Audiobahn makes pretty ****ty products, regardless of which one (no offense if it sounds fine to you).... In the world of car audio, Alpine is considered a top-middle Brand while Audiobahn is on the bottom of the barrel.

Anyways, I'm powering my Alpine SWR-1242D with a Kenwood KAC-8152D in a 1.25 ft.³ sealed box.

The thing is, my gains on the amplifier are only 1/2 way, and it's still louder and more clear than most systems I've seen locally. Mind you, I'm not trying to brag... :O

If you want good advice, try reading www.caraudioforum.com. They can help you more than I.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:33 AM
spudsterier
Legend

i know that alpine is alot better......but i just dont care for them...
i like the solo-barics that i have now

Quick Reply: Subwoofers