1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Power issues Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 11:42 PM
coocoobird
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power issues Help

Ok well my car for a good while had a bit of a hesitation in the acceleration.. Well now.. i noticed a little gas leak around the Fuel pump unit.. The cap the holds the fuel pump in basically. After that started now on turns or little bumps after driving bout 65 for a short period.. the car will lose power.. slowing me down to about 40 mph or so.. now if i floor it.. it makes it worse.. if i let of the gas and barely push it.. it will get better for a second.. then go back doing it again.. My thoughts are i need to change the fuel filter most likely.. 112k miles.. never changed far as i know. Fuel pump itself has been changed about a year or so ago.. Any ideas?

Also.. I know my car has pressure regulator / filter that goes into the top of the fuel pump.. Though as lots of people know here.. its hard to find at a parts store for the year.. Anyone know a part number at like autozone, napa, advanced,? Those are the places near me.. Id hate to have to order it. Thanks again

Old 02-08-2007, 02:19 AM
coocoobird
Rookie
Default RE: Power issues Help

I just thought i would post to let everyone know what fixed the car.. I took out the fuel pump and found the fuel strainer was full of deposits.. it was clogging up the hole going to the fuel pump.. i let the bag dry.. and got all the stuff out by smackin it.. literally.. took the fuel pump out of the assembly and cleaned it all up.. put it all back together.. no more hesitation and power loss.. and no more leaking..

Old 02-08-2007, 03:05 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear you got it running.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:44 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

long time no hear

sounds like its finally getting better???
one step at a time

Old 02-08-2007, 08:44 PM
coocoobird
Rookie

hehe ya.. just started a new job.. I love it.. So thats where all my time is bein spent.. gettin up at 530am.. not getting home till bout 5pm.. but yea.. car is runnin tip top now..lol funny cause now its runnin better then it ever has.. so im happy bout it.. take care guys.. got some paper work to do [:'(]

Quick Reply: Power issues Help