1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

oil in the spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 09:16 PM
neongurl82
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil in the spark plugs

hi all , ive posted before but not latly , i have a 1999 dodge neon dohc 2.0 , automatic , 123,000 miles

problem is i just did a tune up on the car and pulled the boots of the plugs and seen some fresh oil just little bit didnt think nothing much of it at first until i pulled out the spark plugs and found all 4 of them to be drenched in oil , and yes all the way down to the eletrodes on all four ,

i was reading a few other posts here about the spark plug tube seal and valve cover being bad and could be causing oil to seep down there , very understandable , but all the way down to the eletrode on the spark plug , , and yes i do understand if its in the head then the rings are probly bad , but

if the rings were bad wouldnt that cause weird noises , smoking from the tail pipe , and other big problems , because i dont see any of that , no smoking , great gas mileage , (even with oil in there ) lol ,

the oil spark plug when i pull the did look pretty old other than being cover in oil ,, , , , , , ,

so what do you all think my problem is , ,, ,,

hope to here from you soon , much help needed here .

Old 02-24-2007, 11:54 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: oil in the spark plugs

if your rings were bad then you should have some smoke from the exhaust.....
your head gasket might be goin bad......

if the tube seals are bad, then you can get alot of oil down there...
not to long ago i went to change my spark plugs and noticed that one of them was completely submerged in oil

Quick Reply: oil in the spark plugs