1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

vacuum lines

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 04:22 AM
97dohc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vacuum lines

I need a diagram or a good under hood pic of a 97 neondohc.I am trying to piece back together the vacuum lines.Last owner did a number on the motor compartment and nowI need to know where everything goes. Also drivers side brake caliper is hanging up, and I just replaced it. Needless to say it is doing the same thing as theold one. Any suggestions? Thank You

Old 03-22-2007, 05:09 AM
BadBrads97Neon
All Star
Default RE: vacuum lines

This isnt my car, just one I found when looking around on cardomain.com. If this is your car then Im sorry, I was merely putting it on here to try and help 97dohc see the vacum lines in the engine bay. Hope it helps 97dohc.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:49 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont seem to have any that will really help you out that much
but if you tell me exactly which ones you need then i can tell you where they go....
off the top of my head:
egr.......there is a small hard vaccum line that runs from the front of the throttle body and goes to the side port opposite the plug on the egr selonoid......the bottom line runs to the tube that comes out above the egr valve on the block....the other side line on the seloniod thats under the plug goes to the egr valve itself..

throttle body:
the small line goes to the egr....there is anothother throttle body line that goes to the top port on the purge seloniod on the passenger motor mount.....there is also a line that goes from the front of the throttle body to down in the fender well on the passenger side by the motor mount behind the headlight....another larger line that goes from the intake manifold by the throttle body to the brake booster....

brake boost:
the larger line goes to the front of the manifold and if you have cruise controll then there is a smaller line that goes to the vaccum actuator..

i dont know if this is easy to understand or if it helps, but im just trying to think of it in my head[&:]

Old 03-22-2007, 04:59 PM
BadBrads97Neon
All Star

Which vaccum lines do you need? All of them or what? Just so we can get an idea of which ones and tell you exactly where they go.

Quick Reply: vacuum lines