1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ok a REAL STUPID Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Dragpipe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok a REAL STUPID Question

Please forgive my ignorance, I'm new to dodge trucks (well to Chrysler products as a whole).
What is the W in W150 stand for? I was ask at the parts store if my truck was a W150 or a D150. I said **** I dont know! Its a W150 I guess. Didnt think it would matter it was just a light socket and a bulb.

Drag
Turning food into turds since 1967

Old 09-04-2007, 09:10 PM
power ram
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ok a REAL STUPID Question

The w stands for 4wd. The d is the standard dodge ram.(two wheel drive trucks were Rams, four wheel drive trucks were Power Rams). As far as I know it shouldnt matter in terms of bulbs. What light socket are you refering to???

Old 09-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Jacob1
Veteran

D-2wd W-4wd but not all years called 4wd power rams, a guy at our school has a 4wd 1992 model and it only says ram, they will always ask you for the w or d wheather it matters or not. They always do, and if they have a hard time finding a listing for1/2 ton tell them it's a D or W whatever. It shouldn't matter for something a simple as that because msot dodges only had beefed up suspensiondiffernt driveline choices as you inreased the ton rating. Any body panel off a 150, 250, or 350 will interchange as long as trucks are the same long or short bed , 2door, 4door, ext. cab. Bigger dodge like 1 ton and 3/4 ton could get cummins but 1/2 ton couldn't, something about frame size in front, samer with rearends and tarnsmissions.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:25 AM
Dragpipe

yea, that's what I thought, W= 4 wheel drive, I guessed right then. The one I have says Power Ram on the side 150 Custom.
Drove it to work yesterday, about 90 miles round trip on the highway, by the time I got it home the valves where making a horrible noise. Looks like I'm going to be doing some engine work this weekend....

Thanks for the input on such a basic question!

Drag
Do you know why they call it "PMS"?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.

Quick Reply: ok a REAL STUPID Question