1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Noob with troubles

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:18 AM
rezachi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Noob with troubles

ike I'm starting to think it's not the linkages, b/c when I'm going, if I push the gas more, the truck acts like it's bogging down, so the linkages have to be moving, right?

I want to test the coil, but I can't seem to find what the primary and secondary resistances are supposed to be (autozone's website has tons of service manual stuff on it, but the page I need with the specifications for the electrical ignition is down; go figure), does anybody know them?

Oh, and that's an awesome looking truck moparborn.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:06 AM
moparborn
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Noob with troubles

Thank you.
Its starting to sound like carburation,sounds like its running on just the idle/low speed curcuit,possibly something clogging the high speedcurcuit and not letting the fuel through.Maybe try spraying carb cleaner around the carb area to make sure you do not have any other vacuum leaks.Might be time to rebuild the carb.
A quick coil test,use insulated pliers or? and hold the secondary wire a 1/4 inch from ground,should be a nice strong spark,increase the distance slowly to about 3/4 inch,if it is still sparking there and not across the coil terminals the coil should be ok.

Quick Reply: Noob with troubles