1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

difference in dodge trucks

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 04:06 PM
dolfans
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default difference in dodge trucks

how many versions of trucks did dodge make in this style 70's to the 90's?i know the lil red express,warlock,power ram.what is the options etc of them thanks

Old 03-17-2008, 02:07 PM
turbododgepirate
Professional
Default RE: difference in dodge trucks

Lots, and lots and lots. Too many to post up in one thread. Especially 70's to 90's. 2 wheels drives, 4 wheel drives, slant 6 trucks, diesels (12 and 24V), V8's, V6's, LA block Vs Magnum's, shortbeds, longbeds, step sides, standard cab, extended cab, crew cab, 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, 1 ton. Can you narrow it down a little bit for us?

Old 03-17-2008, 06:47 PM
dolfans
Rookie

From 1981-1993 is the yrs i want to know about.i know power ram is 4wd and ram is 2 wd.what is Royal SE,Custom,and the Prospector,any others?is the Utiline a short bed 6.5 ft and the sweptline the long bed 8.0 ft bed?i know on nissans the se maxima has a sport supension(?) and paint door hanldes,white gauges and wheels.what is the warlock is it the little brother of the lil red express?thanks

Old 03-18-2008, 04:34 PM
turbododgepirate
Professional

http://www.allpar.com/trucks.html Party on

Old 03-18-2008, 08:51 PM
dolfans
Rookie

i have been there and it did not have all the info i wanted thanks

Old 03-19-2008, 12:44 AM
nemesis_SS
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweptline is when the sides of the bed go straight back from the edges of the cab. Utilitine is like step-up box or when the rear fenders bulge out and the sides of the bed are sorta recessed.

SE and Royal are just trim packages. For example ive gota base trimand besides the defrosters, there are no heating/AC vents on the dash, and it has no exterior chrome, and the bumper is painted.
Anyhow, there arent really any major differences that with those type. Other than that youve got 100/150, and250, which are half and three quarter ton.

to my knowledge, other than some rare towing packages and of courseengine sizes (and update from time to time), there are no significant differences in any of these trucks, especially based on the name of the truck

but, if anyone does know of any post em up so we can all get a better feel for whats out there

Quick Reply: difference in dodge trucks