1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cheap thrills, cheap ideas. NOTHING TOO SERIOUS

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 11:45 PM
ramfurykid10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap thrills, cheap ideas. NOTHING TOO SERIOUS

alright guys. heres how it is.
I'm buying a rustbucket 1989 Ram D150 tommorow for super cheap and just want a bomber to you know, bomb around in.
Beings its a rustbucket and not really in any condition to fully restore or whathaveyou. The trim on it is fully screwed to the point of no return and there are numerous dents in it.
I'm planning on priming, flat blacking, and stenciling the Death Proof skull on the hood. This truck wont be anything too fancy and Im not intending it too be. Just a bomber with a
little attitude and some pipes to **** of the cops on main (I live in a small town where plenty of kids bomb around on main and little bitch ricers zoom in and out) The truck sits higher
in the back to give it that bit of a rod look to it. The interior is actually the best feature of the vehicle.
If anyone has done any el-cheapo project like this before, let me know. And remember, please refrain from the bashing about the flat black and such, just gonna be a bomber project, nothing
fancy

Old 02-03-2009, 06:10 PM
moparborn
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bedliner paint job will work well for you,roll it on and your done.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:32 PM
lugnuts
All Star

Put some flame throwers in the pipes,you can have fried rice.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:39 PM
ramfurykid10

Bedliner paint? never heard of it.
yeah. I hate em so much. too chinsy and plasic-y

Old 02-03-2009, 09:15 PM
nemesis_SS
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we wont bash man. better flat blacked and vicious then crushed at a wreakers.

bedliner paint would look awesome. but so would even roll on flat tremclad grey, with skulls. run homemade sidepipes and stencil HOT in little red letters whedre they exit. real classy.

Know what else looks sweet? i saw a Chev done like this, but the roof was hacked off as messy as possible, and the cuts just painted over. It looked awesome all along the windshield with the raw cut steel. only problem is if it rains. youre a god if you can figure out how to make the roof into a removal hardtop.

anyhow. bedliner/tremclad, plus dollar store rollers (dollarama) 40-60 bucks.
use a decent rust converter, 10 bucks. some sandpaper, rattlecan can white for the skull head (i think the tailgate and doors should get it too).

even exauhst pipe to weld up (hell, clam and glue, lol) isnt very much. if my truck was older, this is how itd go.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:30 PM
ramfurykid10

thanks.
I got my hands on a spraygun today in case if I want to use it. But chances are itll be stowed away in a cabinet. The side pipe
idea has caught my eye and Ive always liked them. Ill have to mount them behind the cab(state regulations) and find some mesh to go over
where they pass under the cab. A kid in my town did the same but he put boat cover snaps on the windshield frame and snaps on a bar behind
his head and had a canvas tarp made for it. I think Ill leave the truck in one piece but Im sure if my sawsall, welder, and I get bored one
summer day, it might happen. Maybe use the less fortunate Chevy for the test.
Thanks for all of the info and ideas guys keep it coming

Quick Reply: Cheap thrills, cheap ideas. NOTHING TOO SERIOUS