1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bolt Pattern question:need fast answers!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 03:49 PM
HellOnWheels
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolt Pattern question:need fast answers!

Would wheels that came off a 1992 Ford F150 fit on my 1990 Dodge Ram D150 2Wd? The wheels are five bolt and my truck has 5 bolts. I know the tires are the right size (235/75R15) but I don't know if the dimensions of the bolt pattern are right. I don't have any other info on the bolt dimensions other than what i've listed above.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:24 PM
HellOnWheels
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On second thought, I looked it up online. Bolt pattern charts say the 92 f150 had 5X5.5 and that's what my truck has too I believe.

The difference in the charts is they say the dodge is 15 X 7 and the ford is 15 X 6. Will that cause me problems? Im guessing not, but Im trying to make sure.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:18 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

ford rims will not fit on a dodge unless you machine the hole in the center. dodge rims fit extremely good on a ford. no breaking of your back to get them off. ford rims don't like comming off a ford.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Mad Mudder
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HellOnWheels
On second thought, I looked it up online. Bolt pattern charts say the 92 f150 had 5X5.5 and that's what my truck has too I believe.

The difference in the charts is they say the dodge is 15 X 7 and the ford is 15 X 6. Will that cause me problems? Im guessing not, but Im trying to make sure.
They will work on your truck. I ran Ford rims on my truck till I got my Mikey T's. The only trouble you would have ( if your truck was 4X4) would be that you would have to go with the Ford 4X4 rims to get the wide center hole.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:54 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad Mudder
They will work on your truck. I ran Ford rims on my truck till I got my Mikey T's. The only trouble you would have ( if your truck was 4X4) would be that you would have to go with the Ford 4X4 rims to get the wide center hole.
your truck is different. it is older. you probably found some old ford rims that would fit. the f150 rims will not fit unless you make the hole in the center bigger. if you already have the rims you could try putting one on the see if it will fit for youself.

Quick Reply: Bolt Pattern question:need fast answers!