1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

door drop

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 10:54 AM
newtcopa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door drop

after replacing the rubber seals around the doors on my 82 d150 the wind noise is greatly improved. next i plan to replace the rubber around the windshield. Question: how do I repair a slight door drop (maybe 1/2"-3/4") to the drivers door? thanks.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:22 PM
tooltime
Veteran

i need to fix mine also.you may want to look at the bolts on the hinges,not sure if they can be adjusted.the hinge bolts to the truck can be adjusted.the upper part is where the dash is and the lower one is almost at the floor.they can be moved(sideto side,not sure about up and down) but the upper part may be hard bc of the dash.i have some washers on my lower hinge.good luck.where did you get the weatherstrips and how much

Old 09-08-2009, 01:26 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by newtcopa
Question: how do I repair a slight door drop (maybe 1/2"-3/4") to the drivers door? thanks.
the proper way to fix it is replace the pins and bushing. you may have to adjust the hinges ater the pins and bushings have been replaced but the drop will be gone.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:24 PM
newtcopa

thanks to you both. I got the weatherstrip from JC Whitney for about $60 for both doors. It was easy to do, required no glue, and they work great.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:18 PM
power ram
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a similar problem, mine goes too far forward and drops a little. Mainly because the hinge is pulled out of the door. I think If I can tap that back in and weld it, it should hold.

Quick Reply: door drop