1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Newbie Here - '81 Power Ram

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 05:46 PM
R2Mark
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Here - '81 Power Ram

Probably a bad way to get started, but I'm a lifelong Chevy guy (well, for the last 15 years or so). My grandfather just gave me his '81 Power Ram and I'm thinking about fixing it up. He's had it since he bought it new, it's only got 68,000 miles on it, but those are farm miles, so it's seen a rough life. It hasnt been off the farm in probably 10 years.

I'd like to restore it for my "play truck" get it in reliable enough shape that I could take it on short trips, maybe put some bigger tires on it, repair the body and fix up the interior.

Where are the best places online to fine parts, get info etc? I've never really fixed up an old car or truck before, so I'm really wet behind the ears. any guidance would be a huge asset.

Thanks, and I look forward to hanging out here in the forums.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:26 AM
dreamer1uk
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

The easiest way to find replacement parts is to use your IE search engine and type in your make and model. Thats how i came across the sites that i browse, including replacement body panels and such.
You could also try ebay.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply: Newbie Here - '81 Power Ram