1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

vacuum actuator

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 09:08 AM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking vacuum actuator

If anyone has an old vacuum actuator for the Dana 44-8FD axle I would be willing to pay for the shipping to get it. It does not have to work. I would like to take it apart and see if I can make it into a cable actuated system. I know there is one commercially available but $202.00 is ridiculous. ( I know I"m a tight wad. LOL) If I can get one and it works out I will post a "how to" on the forum.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:51 AM
pickerbush18
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vaccum actuator

Seal,
I have my old actuator you can have since I went and bought a new one from Dodge ($300.00, I must be nuts). I did take it apart and thought about what you want to do but could't figure out how to push it back in unless doing it by hand. The diaphram is loose on the shaft so it was leaking through the chambers. I thought about glueing it to the metal shaft but the service guy said it wouldn't hold. I think that he may of just wanted to make a sale. I guess it would cost about five bucks to ship it. I could possibly fit in in a USPS flat rate box. Thanks for your help on my transmission. I am still trying to get the right one. I am pretty sure it is a 46RH (A518). Which is a 4 speed 727.

Don

Old 02-21-2010, 12:19 PM
SEAL
Champion

pickerbush18; I just sent you a private message.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:00 PM
pickerbush18
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seal,
Just to make sure what you need is the actuator and not the mount with the fork. I bought just the diaphram and not the whole assembly. The diaphram with the shaft is what I have extra. They sell the diaphram separate from the mount and fork.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:08 PM
SEAL
Champion

The diaphragm, diaphragm housing, and shaft is what I need. I will use my existing mount and fork if and when I get it ready to use.

Quick Reply: vacuum actuator