1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gen 3 Hemi in a '90 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Niedhogg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SEAL
What I am hearing you say is you want a hemi. I also had a craving for power and speed. You don't want to know how much money I put into my 1970 Road Runner back in the day, but it was way more than the vehicle cost me. LOL. I am not trying to rain on your parade. I wish you luck and look forward to hearing about the process. I only stated the obvious truth about the cost. You will end up with a $4000.00 engine in a $1500.00 truck but if it makes sense to you and that is what you want, have at it. To each their own. If I can be of any help I will gladly be here for you.
No, I understand that. I'm not a 20 year old kid with a dream. I've been restoring a 1970 Charger for 15 years now, and I know what kind of money it takes. I also have a 68 Dart that will be getting the new Hemi as well, but it will be a bottle fed, carburated 6.1L. This truck is kind of a father-son project over the next year. If you go to the second gen forum, and look up "off-road edition ram" you'll see the truck I repoed from him last year. I felt bad that I had to do it, but boys will be boys and he's getting back on track. I've had this Ram sitting around for 4-5 years for his brother, and they struck a deal and a trade, and now he's going to restore this truck. By the way, does anyone have a rust free long box sitting around they want to un-load?

Old 02-29-2012, 07:34 AM
rapidtransitric
Rookie
Old 02-29-2012, 10:58 AM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Updates? We want pictures of the finished product. The original time frame was a year and this is a two year old thread. Should be done by now.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Think it was ever started?

Old 03-08-2012, 04:02 PM
rapidtransitric
Rookie

looks doubtful

Quick Reply: Gen 3 Hemi in a '90 Ram