1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tranny leak

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010 | 10:27 PM
jswain
|
Veteran
Default tranny leak

I work at a scrap yard and have been putting various parts on an 84 1/2 ton dodge that came in as scrap as I have time. I put newer tires and wheels on today. The trans has been leaking. When I put the tires on, I used a forklift to raise one side at a time. I noticed as I lifted the driver side, tranny fluid poured out pretty good on the passenger side, as it was lower. I have the truck running, and it runs pretty well. Has a slight miss and needs a water pump. I'm trying to decide if its worth working on. If I can fix the tranny leak, I'll keep it. So, question is, if trans leaks on passenger side, the leak is most likely at the filler hole or pan, right? I haven't had a lot of time to poke around, but I can't really think of any where else it would leak on that side. Thanks for the help in advance.

Quick Reply: tranny leak