1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Custom Grille

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Mark.Kiefer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Grille

I have a 1988 red dodge ram, i am thinking about changing my grille to something custom, just to be different i guess, and i was wondering if anyone else has chanced their grille's on their older dodge, i know a lot of people are doing it on the newer ones, but what about the 70's and 80's dodges. I really need some ideas on this one, so any suggestions at all would be greatly appriciated.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:56 PM
1986ram4x4
Default RE: Custom Grille

I'm also interested in seeing what other people are doing grill-wise with their older dodges. i'ld really like to change the grill on my '86.

Old 10-03-2005, 08:54 AM
Dodge4Life
Professional

I am thinking of just putting in some chrome, square bars in place of the center grill, but i dont know, i might just paint it all black when i have the truck painted black and call it good...

Old 10-03-2005, 11:01 PM
vestpuzzle1
Professional

Hey there Dodge4Life,
I imagine the sky is the limit. Whatcha' think. I like the idea of the black grille. Maybe pinstripe it a neon red or something. TTYL.....R.V.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:19 AM
Dodge4Life
Professional

I am also thinking of replacing the normal white pinstripes down the sides with white barb wire, i just think it would look good, but i wish there were more custom things i could do with the truck. Almost everything i want to do i have to build myself. I am also going to remove the plastic dash and replace it with a custom aluminum one that i am building. It looks alot like the origional, but i am going to make alot more space for gages and things like that. I am not sure what to do with the heating controls though. i might just use the origionals, but i am thinking of fabricating my own. Its alot of work but its going to look great once i am finished. I am also thinking of rino lining it for texture and a really cool look. I am also lining the floor and bed with it, so it will match. Then i need to do something about some kind of roll cage in the bed, but i dont know where to find one for a dodge, and i really dont want to build one because i dont want it to fail on me if i roll the truck, god forbid.

Quick Reply: Custom Grille