1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

93 d250 bucking

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 01:46 PM
akosnik91
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 d250 bucking

hey, im having a problem with my truck running rough, bucking, misfiring and just running bad. it seems temp related.

the truck will run fine when started and driving until it gets to almost operating temp, then it will start running like garbage. it will run like that for 2-3 minutes until it goes past operating temp, it will stop and cool back down and run fine the rest of the day.

I changed the coolant temp sensor, pickup in the distributor and map sensor, spark plugs and wires.

I also pulled pulled codes and only got an overdrive solenoid and AC clutch relay code or something like that, i have a 3 speed and no AC.

i have also read a TSD about the oil pump drive gear getting worn but there is no play in the rotor and dont wouldnt it be all the time if it was?

im trying to sell the truck and that is the only thing wrong with it i could really use some help. thank you.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:46 PM
akosnik91

3.9L v6 w/ 3 speed auto

Old 12-02-2010, 04:07 PM
pickfiddle
Professional

Run a can of seafoam through, your injectors sound like they could be plugged. Also cap and rotor and check your timing

Old 12-02-2010, 08:48 PM
akosnik91

the cap and rotor are fine, i checked them last time i had it off. i will try a can of seafoam into the gas tank, ill also check the timing at work tomorrow, could clogged injectors or timing cause it to be intermittent like that though?

Old 12-02-2010, 09:37 PM
pickfiddle
Professional

Before you do anything to it, disconnect the plug from the pos side of the battery for a few minutes. When you plug it back in drive it around the block and re check the codes.

Quick Reply: 93 d250 bucking