1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 03:27 PM
pickfiddle
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injectors

Just forthe sake of checking, I opened up my air cleaner to check the spray of what I can only assume to be the original injectors on my 89 d100 only to see that there wasn't a nice neat cone. I'm very surprised the truck runs at all since there seems to be no fuel coming from them at all. Is it really that fine at idle or should it be immediately visible? I don't know as much about the fuel system as Id like just yet

Old 12-02-2010, 04:16 PM
pickfiddle
Professional

I've always used seafoam in my cars but recently no one has had any on the shelf so I tried lucas injector cleaner. At first there was no change but then it started to idle rough like it was choking, and then die. It won't start immediately after it dies but after about 5 minutes it's fine. The only change was the cleaner.

Has anyone else had trouble with this product besides me?

Old 12-02-2010, 06:40 PM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You may have to use a flashlight to see the cone if there is not good ambient light. It is a very fine mist. I have not had good results with any thing but Seafoam or B&G. B&G is very expensive.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:18 PM
pickfiddle
Professional

Just looked again today and much to my relief there is clearly a cone. I'm very relieved that they are working right and not plugged. I wasn't too excited about buying new ones at close to eighty dollars per injector

Old 12-03-2010, 03:31 PM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you ever need injectors shop around because I only paid about half of that.

Quick Reply: Injectors