1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

89 Fuel Pump Plastic Housing???

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 11:17 AM
bsf215
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 89 Fuel Pump Plastic Housing???

I have a 1989 ram 2500 360 that died on me the other night...
Seems the connection on the top of the gas tank has been shorting and melted the top of the plastic housing that drops inside the tank and holds the fuel pump... So I need to find this housing.
Dodge no longer makes/stocks this item also.

Does anyone know of a place that has /or can locate one ???

Thanks
Bryan

Old 01-16-2011, 04:09 AM
SixGun
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just changed out my fuel pump recently and in regards to the top of the fuel pump, it is all one piece sealed together if I remember correctly. I go to a pick and pull junkyard frequently and fuel pump assemblies are laying all over the place there. If yours is separate, you could take a look at one similar for the part you are looking for just laying around or go to a parts store and have them pull one out of the box to be sure. You are talking about the plastic top with the vent and electrical connection - right? So did fixing the short get the pump working?

Old 01-17-2011, 07:33 AM
bsf215
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The short was in the connections on the top of the pump/tank... Too far gone to save, hence why it was melted... We were able to locate a used pump, housing and wire harness through a Pa junk yard for $120 shipped. should have it this week for install... took the bed off instead of dropping tank!

Thanks
Bryan

Quick Reply: 89 Fuel Pump Plastic Housing???