1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

360 tbi motor mount trouble.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 01:14 PM
crawlin95
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 360 tbi motor mount trouble.

Ok heres the issue I have a 91 d250 when I bought it both motor mounts were destroyed i put two brand new ones on it approx 2 months ago. Yesterday I drove it to a customer's house after talking about the truck for a bit the customer wanted to see the engine when I popped the hood much to my surprise I noticed that the passenger side mount is completely destroyed. Are there any performance mounts for these engines or maybe even solid mounts?

Old 03-10-2011, 07:15 PM
wontacceptthis
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Geeze, I have never heard of something shredding mounts like that. Are you using a mopar part? From what I can tell, the factory mounts on my truck have lasted a good 22 years with no problems.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:38 PM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My original passengers side mount finally gave up the ghost last summer. There is no way a stock truck eats a mount in two months unless it was either a defective part, incorrect part, or involved in an accident.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Gerehead8
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the tranny mount in good shape?

Old 03-11-2011, 08:53 PM
slicedtomatoes
Rookie

i would chack the tranny mount ....but i saw that orriley auto sold pioneer solid mounts i dunno if that is a good brand though...if i had to bet on it though i would guess the mounts you got were of a cheap manufacture quality ...2 months?? to wreck motor mounts....shesh....less you gat a 600hp engine there or pound the hell outa your truck
...wonder where they were made...the mounts you got

Old 03-12-2011, 12:03 AM
crawlin95
Professional

Yep I know, nothin special about this motor yet! just a stock 91 d250 w 360 tbi auto tranny but it does to my knowledge have 4.11 gears in the rear end but that would mess with the mounts. the tranny mount is good i got the mounts from autozone i beleive the manufacturers name is Anchor. they are life time warranty so I took it back but it looks like the drivers side is starting to crack. if it does i'm thinking about ordering a set of solid mounts I saw through summit for a challenger with a 360 they look like the same design just solid.

Quick Reply: 360 tbi motor mount trouble.