1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ac work

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 08:23 PM
TeXXaN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ac work

can one of you please show me a picture of your slant six engine bay so i can see what i need to order to get the ac working in the old dodge its hott in texas. any idea on cost i have a compresser but its locked up.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:43 AM
SixGun
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard that a full R-134 conversion can cost anywhere from $700-$1,000 depending on your shop.

How long have you had this truck Tex? Sounds like you are beginning to like it. Dodge trucks will grow on you like weeds.

Last edited by SixGun; 08-14-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:58 AM
TeXXaN
Default dodge

ive had it for about four months, in spraying rustolem on it this weekend. Then add a leaf, to bring that front end up, the thing about this truck is its cheap to make it look decent. i probably wont go to the extreme of fixin ac. I need tires bad any ideas, also i know a while back you said take the vin to dealer and get a build sheet, how much with this cost?

Old 08-14-2011, 12:45 PM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Build sheets are free.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:11 PM
SixGun
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.allpar.com/slant6.html

Tex, here's a little history on your slant 6 - nice read. Those motors are real easy to work on.

There's a pic from the top of a slant 6 with AC but you are NOT gonna see much. What did you want to find out? Best bet would be to take it to a place to does AC installs NOT a place that just checks for leaks and refills the system. R12 is expensive and some places won't even deal with it anymore. Conversion to R134 might be in your best interest if you plan on keeping it. If not, just get a price to repair it. Shop around at a few places. Try going to an AC shop in the winter when they are slow. In the summer they figure to have you by the short hairs so you might get you a better deal. Just a thought.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:33 PM
TeXXaN
Default help

well thanks thats a good idea i dont figure i will need ac in winter so i will have to check in to that plus that gives me time to get other stuff fixed.

Quick Reply: ac work