1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fuel pressure ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 06:54 PM
aje1127
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pressure ??

well my 93 5.2 must be loosing fuel pressure overnight. when its cold as in setting all night,i turn key on wait about 3 seconds,then crank it,it does start but spins over more than normal before it starts. this only happens when it sits overnight.
if it has been running during the day all is perfect,starting,running and has no loss of power.
could it be the fuel pressure regulator?? or could the pressue be bleeding of through the injectors??

Old 09-06-2011, 08:35 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i think i have heard something like this before. i think there is a valve or something on the gas tank that after time starts to fail and allows the gas in the line to flow back into the tank. i think that if you turn your key on, off, on and it starts then it is the valve but i am not 100% sure on this. i never really under stood it. to me it would not be worth dumping a ton of money in to fix.

Quick Reply: fuel pressure ??