1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

on board air

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 02:03 PM
fast_five_oh
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default on board air

so ive done searching..seems the york 210 is favorable for a compressor...

im buying a set of nathan k3la horns soon...so i got the tank an such but no compressor

i have an old dodge 2 cylinder one, and a york 209..

now before i go on...i use the york 209 for my home air compressor, which works fantasic..

the old 70's 2 cyl dodge one blew this york out of the water...it built 0-60 psi with about a 10 gal tank in about 1 min 30 sec or so...

but i cant find anyone using the dodge compressors for the air...it has a oil fill hole on the side of the case..

anyone know if these are good for that or what?

Old 09-18-2011, 06:45 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i used the a/c compressor on my 91 to blow thing out before i bought a compressor but i don't know if it would last in the long term. my dad told me that he had a car that he use to use a 2 cylinder as a compressor in. the only advise he had for me was to make sure to get a proper on off switch so that you don't blow an airline.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:41 PM
fast_five_oh
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
i used the a/c compressor on my 91 to blow thing out before i bought a compressor but i don't know if it would last in the long term. my dad told me that he had a car that he use to use a 2 cylinder as a compressor in. the only advise he had for me was to make sure to get a proper on off switch so that you don't blow an airline.
lol ill shut if off at 120 or 150 lol

i did another few hours of searching, and suppoisvley the "rv2" compressor builds faster then a york 210....so i guess its going on my truck...ill get pics an make a diy for newer trucks

Old 09-18-2011, 07:59 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i would guess 2 decent sized cylinders would build pressure better than a small compressor. it would be cool to see one installed. i wouldn't mind having one on my 81 but it is just another thing to take up space under the hood.

Quick Reply: on board air