1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Door Alignment Woes

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 01:50 PM
wontacceptthis
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Door Alignment Woes

I replaced the bottom hinge pin and bushing on my driver's side door, and had to loosen the outer half of the hinge to get the bushings on. Now my door is being somewhat hard to close. Previously, it was hitting the rocker and scraping it before it latched. Now it looks to be aligned nicely, but is getting "half-closed" unless you really slam it. The striker and latch look to be at almost exactly the same height, with the striker sitting just marginally higher. Anybody have some wisdom for me? For now, I'm just going to try try and try again with slightly changing the alignment on the hinge. Help is appreciated.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:02 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

loosen the striker and move it to where it would make the latch work better. it is just like a bolt.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:56 PM
aje1127
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a similar problem,replaced the pins and bushings. body line on hinge side is a hair lower i adjusted the striker bolt to shut proper. i still have play in the hinges,the pins and bushings helped a little but i guess i just need new hinges(worn out). my pass door is perfect did not change anything on that door,i dont think it was ever used. thank you

Quick Reply: Door Alignment Woes