1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Auto Transmission Leaks

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Birge
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Transmission Leaks

Hello All,

I have a 1992 W150 thats leaking red, from what I can see from reading the manual, the gear selector on the the transmission, its just in front of the neutral safety switch. I thought at first it was the switch but I replaced the switch and still leaking pretty badly. Any advice or fixes out there. I'm not all that confident with automatic transmissions. i have attached the page from my manaul and circeled in red where i beleive its leaking at. Anyone ever see this before?

Thanks
Birge
Union MO

Attached Thumbnails Auto Transmission Leaks-1991-and-later-linkage-on-trans-001.jpg  
Old 05-27-2012, 02:40 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i think that would be a shift shaft seal i think you need to drop the transmission valve body to replace it.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:33 AM
Birge
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crazzywolfie your correct it was the selector shaft seal, 1.29 at Orielly. And I had to remove the shift linkage, and install the new seal, used a 1" deep well socket to knock the seal in place, not too much room up there I can see why you said to rop the transmission. But I go it, No more leaks

Birge

Quick Reply: Auto Transmission Leaks