1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Repairing my floor support rail

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 05:51 PM
wontacceptthis
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Repairing my floor support rail

After I repaired my rusted out floor, I noticed my floor support rail was cracked, right by the front cab mount.

I've come up with a plan to fix it, and wanted to see what the collective knowledge of dodgeforum thought of it. My plan is to weld a piece of angle iron to the cab mount, and run the support rail over it, as shown. Is the only weight it needs to hold the weight from my feet on the floor, or does this rail actually see more stress than that? It didn't look very thick to start with.

Looks solid, or looks sketchy?

Old 05-29-2012, 09:13 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

well i can't see the picture but i would say those supports need to be made out of decent metal. i think the ones on my 93 need to be replaced and i almost swear i can feel it while i am going down the road.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:59 PM
1991ram
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did an entire floor rebuild on my 91 supports, cab mounts and all. I used angle iron and it worked beautifully just make sure it's solid up against the floor pan or else you'll hear it buckle and pop all the time

Quick Reply: Repairing my floor support rail