1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bad Injection Pump? Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 10:41 PM
petrk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Injection Pump? Help

Ok so I have a 99 ram with a 4bt swap and my problem started on a long drive of 1000 miles pulling a car. My truck would start to spudder at high RPM's when i was going up a hill or something like that, and as a kept driving the spuddering got lower and lower in the RPM's till pretty soon it couldnt rev high enough to get the turbo to produce any boost. I could stop on the side of the road, shut it off and let it sit for a while then start and take of fine till i hit 3rd gear and the problems would start again, slowly getting worse and worse till the truck couldnt pull in any gear higher than 1st.

So after a very long drive home i finally made it, took my truck out without the trailer and it still didnt like high RPM's and would die when it tried to idle. I replaced the Lift Pump then it wouldnt start, had air in the lines so after bleeding it for a while and replacing the line it finally started, ran for a minute then died. bled eveything to make it start again and it would keep running as long at you kept on the throttle, as soon as it went down to idle it would die and be a b*#ch to start again.

Any help would be much appreciated since its getting quite old and frustrating me.

Thanks

Old 09-11-2012, 06:50 AM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wrong forum. You should have better results posting here.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-cummins-diesel-88/

Quick Reply: Bad Injection Pump? Help