1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Steering box question

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013 | 10:13 AM
\m/dill\m/
|
Default Steering box question

Ok so my 92 w150 steering box is leaking really bad at the input shaft and I need to replace it.what I want to know is will the box off a 2wd fit the 4x4? my wife is pregnant so she has put major cuts in my project truck budget kinda like a crooked politician. I like the red head boxes but the wife said no. She did find me an alternative though but the one she found is for 2wd . Any help in this matter would be appreciated

Old 01-23-2013 | 11:23 AM
318power83
Rookie

The steering boxes should be the same, the only difference between 4wd and 2wd is that the 2wd steering box mounts directly to the frame whereas the box for 4wd mounts to a bracket that mounts to the frame to keep the steering box straight with the shaft, all you have to so is unbolt the bracket from your old steering box, bolt it on your other steering box and you should be good to go.

Old 01-23-2013 | 11:36 AM
\m/dill\m/
|

That's great news cause 75 bucks is way better than 300-400. The high dollar stuff will have to wait

Quick Reply: Steering box question