1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Got a Bunch Accomplished Today

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 08:40 PM
Mopar Trucks
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a Bunch Accomplished Today

Replaced upper and lower ball joints, replaced rotors and did a brake job, replaced the O2 sensor, and complete new stock exhaust from the cat back. The damn O2 sensor was a bugger to get out.

Next up is new tires and a front end alignment then starting on the body work. Replacing the cat had a big impact on power as it was clogged and replacing the O2 sensor seems to have cured my overly rich startup problem.

It was 72 degrees here today...Wednesdays high is supposed to be 34.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:31 PM
ghonhee
Rookie

Good to hear. How did you install the O2 sensor? Mine popped out and I can't get it more than finger tight

Old 01-29-2013, 10:30 AM
Mopar Trucks
Rookie

I actually had to break the old one off to get a wrench on it because of the engine mount being in the way and of course the manifold and sensor were rusted together. When I installed it I got it finger tight then just took a thin offset open wrench and was able to tighten it. I didnt really reef on it all that much as I am a bit paranoid of stripping the threads or breaking it off inside the manifold (had that happen before).

Quick Reply: Got a Bunch Accomplished Today