1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Adding Cab Marker / Clearance lights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Scooter78
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adding Cab Marker / Clearance lights?

I want to add cab markers to my '78, but as you guys know, the first gens use a double layered roof. I dont have a headliner and would rather not chop holes on the inside of my cab. How would I go about running wires up there? Anyone done it?
My guess is that factory wiring would have been run up the A-pillar and in between the roof skins, but how would I get to it? Maybe drill my holes for the lights first, and try to get lucky shoving a wire from the top, into the corner until it finds the A-pillar? Then I assume it ties into the amber running light position of the switch? Thanks guys, Scooter.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Scooter78
Captain

Nobody?

Old 03-15-2013, 05:11 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

never even though about adding them on my trucks. i don't think the wires run up the A-pillar. i think the might have been run behind plastic or possibly back to the cab light area. i think it would be easier to fish the wires to the back of the cab.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Scooter78
Captain

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
never even though about adding them on my trucks. i don't think the wires run up the A-pillar. i think the might have been run behind plastic or possibly back to the cab light area. i think it would be easier to fish the wires to the back of the cab.
That makes sense. I dont know why I didnt think of the cab light area. I dont know why, but I have always thought they look pretty sexy on first gens, so I figured I would hit ebay and find a set of them before I do my repaint this summer.

Quick Reply: Adding Cab Marker / Clearance lights?