1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Any tips for a cracked fuel tank?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Zoso77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any tips for a cracked fuel tank?

I noticed the last time I fueled my truck (91' D150 LS), that gas was leaking. I needed to replace the sending unit to fix my gas gauge anyway, so we pulled the tank and discovered a 2" crack in the top of it. I'm now finding out there aren't very good options for resolving the issue. Either find a salvage tank that is at least as old or older than the one I have, or try some sort of plastic weld.

The part number is 4728414 (22 gal). I'm open to suggestions, since this seems to be something that other owners have run in to.

I wish aftermarket folks would show more love for these first generation Ram's. At least the rarity of a good one causes many people to ask me, "what year is that truck?"
Name:  PICT0041_zps178cae93.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  133.7 KB

Old 11-14-2013, 04:22 PM
wicked872
Default Plastic tank

I have one, i am in wisconsin, if you want i will take pics and measurements and if they are the same you can have it if you pay shipping, tank is in great shape and has sending unit in it.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:00 AM
Zoso77

I may have found one locally. I appreciate the offer and will PM you if I can't obtain one within driving distance.

Thx.

Quick Reply: Any tips for a cracked fuel tank?