1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No crank?

Old 02-11-2014, 11:20 AM
SR2K
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No crank?

Hey all,
I just bought a 1984 D250 318 Automatic. The truck is in decent shape, I brought it home yesterday, started fine. This morning I was out looking over the parking brake and getting aquainted with the truck a bit. I had it running and then turned it off. Went to try and start it again and it won't crank, radio and everything come on in the run position, and turn off in crank, but the starter doesnt even try.

Anyone have any advice? Anyone have a wiring diagram for the ignition circuit?

Thanks,
Sam

Old 02-11-2014, 11:51 AM
SR2K

Well I hate to be the person who posted and then figured it out, but I found the wiring diagram on advance auto parts and found the starter relay (Drivers fender, near battery) is on its way out. I whacked it a couple times and got it running.

-Sam

Old 02-12-2014, 12:44 AM
NiNjAassasin545
Amateur

my truck does that from time to time. im not sure why and i put a brand new relay in it... i had the same problem though.. it was running fine and then one day it just wouldnt start and i charged the battery for hours and tried a lot of stuff for a couple days.. and then i reached down and wiggled the wires a bit and thats all it took for it to crank over again. maybe we need new cables.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:50 PM
grantshultz1994
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on mine the connector cant be pushed in flush theres gotta be a gap for some reason...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No crank?