1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

air cleaner part question

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 04:03 PM
mattbrady
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air cleaner part question

I've got an '82 Dodge D150 1/2 ton pickup with a (not original) Super Six 3.7L 225.

My question involves, from what I can tell, a missing part in the air cleaner system that connects to the air filter housing.

I'm not as knowledgable as I'd like to be on this engine, so any help identifying the missing piece would be greatly appreciated! I'm sure it's something simple, but I haven't been able to figure out the actual part name.

link to larger copy of picture

Old 10-15-2005, 07:08 PM
mattbrady
Default RE: air cleaner part question

from what I've been able to read on here and abroad, it looks like what's missing is the 'Electronic Fuel Control System' (EFC). I took the duct tape off of the empty holes on there, and if anyone knows whether it's better for that to be covered, I'd like to know.

From what I can tell, the original Holley one barrel 6145 carburetor (the 'feedback' version) is still installed. Anyone know if I can improve my horrible gas mileage by switching to a 2 barrel? The transmission in the truck isn't 100% either, and I wonder if that might be adding to my low (around 10mpg) gas mileage. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-20-2005, 11:35 PM
charlie1935
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mattbrady

from what I've been able to read on here and abroad, it looks like what's missing is the 'Electronic Fuel Control System' (EFC). I took the duct tape off of the empty holes on there, and if anyone knows whether it's better for that to be covered, I'd like to know.

From what I can tell, the original Holley one barrel 6145 carburetor (the 'feedback' version) is still installed. Anyone know if I can improve my horrible gas mileage by switching to a 2 barrel? The transmission in the truck isn't 100% either, and I wonder if that might be adding to my low (around 10mpg) gas mileage. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The super 6 had a 2 bbl. carb. The holes in air filter are where the lean burn computer was.

Old 10-21-2005, 01:23 AM
mattbrady

thanks for the info. most of the stuff I can find out on the world wide web is vague at best.

Quick Reply: air cleaner part question