1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1st gen headlamps good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 11:00 AM
kgilhooley31
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st gen headlamps good?

Hey any of you guys own a 2nd gen as well? Are the 1st gen headlamps any better off than second gen? Cuz I can't get over how much my 2nd gens suck. I've replace stock lense, replaced with after market, just they suck. I'm a bout to retrofit in a 1st gen headlamp casing into my second gen cause old school lights seem to work even better than these stupid ones they designed in 94... I used to drive in my dads 87 d250 but can't remember the light output... I rode in a station wagon from the 60s last night and a swear the lights were better than my own and icant deal with this anymore. Ive adjusted to the spec of the FSM countless times and it's no use. They just suck. When I go thru a green light at an intersection the glare from the light becomes greater than what I can see from my light output...just rediculous. Anyways, any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:46 PM
UltraMag50
Professional

I used to own a 2nd gen before my 1st gen, and I have to agree with you. I feel my 87's sealed beam headlights project the light better than the 98's composite lenses. The sealed beams even seem better compared to my fathers 04' Ram. You might try installing some Hella or similar driving lights. IMO 4 lights are better than 2 anyway

Old 11-29-2014, 01:52 PM
kgilhooley31
Professional

Yeah but you can't really drive with oncoming traffic without blinding them, right? I'm thinking about installing some killer bulbs into some fog lights tho... Might so the trick. But anyways, would anyone mind just sending the rough dimensions of the casing for a headlamp? Just don't wanna have to drive all the way to a junkyard to find out. I figure by looking at pics they'll fit right I to the one peice aftermarket headlamps I'm using right now.

Quick Reply: 1st gen headlamps good?