1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1985 Dodge Ram D100

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 07:07 PM
davidkreidler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1985 Dodge Ram D100

Hi everyone, would appreciate some advice on what to check to figure out my problem. It started with the truck running great until it was put into reverse and then it felt like it had a heavy misfire when given any amount of gas pedal.
Eventually it got to the point where it would just cut off as soon as i placed the transmission into reverse. A few days later driving home from work it started feeling like an intermittent misfire while driving, by the time i got home it was barely running. Now the only way I can keep the truck running is by starting in neutral and quickly shifting into drive. If i shift to park, reverse or neutral while idling it immediately cuts off. The truck has the 3.7 inline 6 with auto transmission. The transmission fluid is full looks great, a major tune was performed about 6 months before running issues began. Thanks for any help given!

Quick Reply: 1985 Dodge Ram D100