1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

FUEL LEAK - Please Help Me MAN!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 03:37 AM
Jacobs454
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FUEL LEAK - Please Help Me MAN!

I have a '90 Dodge RAM/150/318/2WD/AUTO/8' Bed. It developed a fuel leak a couple months ago up on top of the fuel tank. I dropped the tank and found that one of the nipples on top of the tank is broken. There's a cap on top of the tank (not the filler hose) with three or four nipples and tubes going out of it, along with a wiring harness for the sender unit. I checked with the dealer and the part costs $300 BUCKS! Is there a supplier out there that sells these units for cheaper? Its a pretty big part consisting of a coil spring, feed & vent tubes, float sender, and wiring and LOOKS like it oughtta cost $300 bucks. These are hard to come by (so far, impossible) at junk yards, so before I buy it new, I thought I'd check with you guys and see if there's a good place to buy these for less than the dealer demands. THANKS!

Old 10-30-2005, 06:31 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FUEL LEAK - Please Help Me MAN!

I'd try JCWhitney.com, or Partsamerica.com or hit up google and search for gas tank suppliers to see if they've got a lead on it.

edit: Partsamerica (schuck's) has one for $185 or so. There is one that's $130 but it didn't have a picture.

Old 10-31-2005, 06:21 AM
Dodge4Life
Professional

My dad has a tank from a 91 ramcharger, it is the same tank you have and it has the same sending unit, well atleast i think he still has it, i can ask him if you want to. He will definitly sell it to you cheap. if you want, he can probably send the whole thing. I can ask if you want me to.

Old 11-02-2005, 02:36 AM
Chump
Captain

Might try www.car-part.com for a used fuel pump module.

Quick Reply: FUEL LEAK - Please Help Me MAN!