1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

please help D150 willnot start

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 08:44 PM
RM-D150
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help D150 willnot start

Thank you for looking at my thread. I have a 1992 DOGE D150 I pulled into a grocery store today and spent a few minutes inside and returned to my truck and the truck would not start. My Ram was running very well when I parked. When I turn the Key the motor spins and sounds like it is going to start but no. At first the motor did try to start but the motor sounded bad. I cannot find a fuse for the fuel pump ? is there another fuse box besides the one under the steering wheel Does any body have any suggestions?

Old 07-02-2015, 01:57 AM
RM-D150
Amateur
Default Well Stillworking on it

I tried as best as I know to check the ASD relay. Both of the relays seem to be working. When I turn key I hear a click both in the relay and back somewhere in fuel tank. We tested the Relays by checking to see if the relay oud change from the 87a terminal to the 87. Also tried to jump the teminal leads from 30 to 87 bypassing 87a. So in other words supplying direct current to the fuel pump heard click but nothing. The only other problem that Ihave had before with truc running starting was the Throttle body once got gummed up and the truck would not start o run. Can I shoot a bunch of CRC Throttle Body and Air intake cleaner into the throttle body should I take throttle body off? HOW CAN I tell if throttle body is gummed up again? The motor is turning over very well but will not start. Should I try to drain gas tank to see if gas is bad? Idid the service engine OBI test and came back with codes 12, and 45 does this tell any body why truck will not start?

Old 07-02-2015, 02:15 AM
RM-D150
Amateur
Default Also tried to do a Fuel pressure test.

Tried to do a Fuel pressure test got Fuel tester kit from parts store rented< Kit did not have a fitting that would decompress schraider valve in test port on fuel rail. So i unscrewed Schraider vale on test port on fuel rail and I an not getting any fuel pressure at all. Is this the Hall effect? Bad computer? bad ASD relay am getting engine codes 12, and 45. I am afraid that if I replace the fuel pump I might still have problem is there a way to check to see if fuel pump working?

Old 07-02-2015, 10:59 PM
RM-D150
Amateur
Default replaced fuel filter truck running again

I did the tilt truck bed method leaving the rear bed bolts only half wa out. I used two high lift jacks right under edge of truck bed by cab

Old 07-03-2020, 11:14 PM
MMark
Rookie
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Steering column harness could be a culprit, but electrical for sure. I would drop the column again, make sure all the harness’s have good connection. (Make sure it’s on a flat grade). Had mine roll back even on slight grades when the shifter cable was bumped. Check the shift indicator cable. I would check your fuses too.

Old 07-04-2020, 07:45 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

45 is a fault for the od solenoid, Not the no start problem. Fuel pump works off the asd relay, If the positive side of the coil is getting power the fuel pump is also. Might want to check the plug by the gas tank for bad wires corrosion etc.. If there is no issue there then test for power at the plug. If power then the pump is bad and you need to replace it.

Quick Reply: please help D150 willnot start