1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Removing outside mirrors from 1990 Dodge Ram

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 10:02 AM
the Dark Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing outside mirrors from 1990 Dodge Ram

Hi guys, I am in the process of putting on the finishing touches on my 1990 Dodge Ram. For the life of me I am unable to remove the two outside mirrors. There are three bolts located inside the panel of the door that almost seem welded on...no tool I have will remove these bolts. Any advice or tips? I have been unsuccessful in finding a pdf version of Haynes, etc to help me determine what to do as well. Thanks!

Old 01-29-2016, 08:38 PM
Warlock_III
Amateur

Did you remove the screw on the lower outside portion of the mirror to remove the triangle cover? Once removed the mirror should be bolted on from the outside after exposing the bolt heads.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:45 PM
Warlock_III
Amateur
Old 11-09-2020, 07:13 AM
Cabaup
Default Thank you

I know this thread is old, but as a new owner of an old Ram, thanks. I was about to rip off the door panel. Totally missed the little torx head at the bottom.

Old 12-08-2020, 09:10 AM
durec
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been there. You'll need to carefully unscrew the inside fasteners that hold the mirror arm in place so as not to crack it or you will be SOL. If you still have the original stock screw with maintained threads in that plastic housing...count your blessings. A lot of times you'll find that someone at one time or another took it off and put back in the wrong thread screw and stripped the thing.

Quick Reply: Removing outside mirrors from 1990 Dodge Ram